Norrsken VC is one of Europe’s leading and largest impact focused early-stage VC funds. Based in Stockholm, we have backed some of Europe’s most innovative and ambitious founders tackling the world’s biggest problems in line with the ‘17 UN Sustainable Development Goals’. Past investments include companies such as Northvolt, Einride and Heart Aerospace.
We are a close-knit team of 15 that is united by one simple question: “Where do we find the next impact unicorn?” . We are now looking to expand our team with a controller.
This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial fund which invests in some of the most exciting companies in Europe and makes a demonstrable impact. The fund is an independent vehicle with fully commercial returns targets. It was incubated by (and continues to be linked to) the Norrsken Foundation – one of the largest Impact platforms globally.
We are a small team in an exceptionally flat structure, so every hire has an exponential impact on every result we produce. As a team, a commitment to diversity has been one of our founding principles and this is reflected in our 50/50 gender split across all levels.
Our dream candidate will have a mix of skills/experiences: (i) BSc. or MSc. degree in finance, accounting or economics (ii) 1-2 years experience working in audit and assurance or accounting.
Examples of areas you will take part of:
- Work closely with our CFO on the full cycle of fund accounting, including the preparation of quarterly reports to investors
- Work with the investment team and external advisors to perform portfolio valuation
- Keeping portfolio management system up to date
- Perform quality control to ensure accuracy of all financials, including budget and follow-up
- Support in the annual audit process
- Support in other ad-hoc tasks
You are a good fit if you:
- Bring exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Love numbers and data
- Are structured, detail oriented and highly analytical
- Are English and Swedish speaking
- Are positive and contribute to a vibrant and driven team culture
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate an ability to take ownership of tasks from start to finish
- The role is Stockholm based, with possibility to work from home/remotely a couple of days per week.
Please submit your application latest January 31st. Once you have applied, you will receive a link to an online assessment that needs to be completed within 72 hours. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.