Norrsken VC is one of Europe’s leading and largest impact focused early-stage VC funds. Based in Stockholm, we have backed some of Europe’s most innovative and ambitious founders tackling the world’s biggest problems in line with the ‘17 UN Sustainable Development Goals’. Past investments include companies such as Northvolt, Einride and Heart Aerospace.
We are a close-knit team that is united by one simple question: “Where do we find the next impact unicorn?”. With impact at the core of everything we do, we are looking to expand our team with a brand new role: Chief Impact Officer.
This highly cross-functional role entails leading, managing and continuously improving our internal impact methodologies, as well as working closely with our portfolio companies to empower them to take an active role in accelerating and measuring the positive impact they generate. You will work closely with all investment team members to conduct impact and ESG due diligence and impact related value add as an integral part of our investment process.
The successful candidate will combine a strong understanding of impact and ESG compliance requirements, with a commercial mindset and understanding of how impact can be leveraged as a super power for our portfolio companies; and a passion to drive our impact thought leadership.
This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial fund which invests in some of the most exciting companies in Europe and makes a demonstrable impact. The fund is an independent vehicle with fully commercial returns targets. It was incubated by (and continues to be linked to) the Norrsken Foundation – one of the largest Impact hubs globally.
We are a small team in an exceptionally flat structure, so every hire has an exponential impact on every result we produce. As a team, a commitment to diversity has been one of our founding principles and this is reflected in our 50/50 gender split across all levels.
What the job involves:
Impact thought leadership: Being the center of expertise for impact and ESG topics, including: developing and maintaining the impact and ESG strategy across the firm and its portfolio; continue develop our industry-leading impact measurement methodology; representing us in initiatives and conferences; heading the production of impact insights and research.
Portfolio companies: Collaborating closely with our portfolio companies helping them define and communicate impact metrics, implement suitable ESG policies and help align with applicable regulations, and other AdHoc impact related requests;
Deal work: Working closely with the deal team on the impact and ESG due diligence performed for all investments, incl. setting relevant impact targets;
Reporting & Regulatory: Leading the fund’s impact reporting (incl. reporting to the Fund’s Limited Partners), driving the implementation of ESG topics and regulatory frameworks (incl. EU regulation such as SFDR and EU Taxonomy).
Who we are looking for:
- 5-10 years professional experience in an impact, sustainability, LCA and/or ESG specialist position, preferably gained in either consultancy or an in-house position within private markets;
- Technical knowledge of the latest impact measurement frameworks, ESG issues, policy and regulatory developments, disclosure requirements and best practice;
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship building skills;
- Commercial mindset and pragmatic approach; understanding of how impact can be leveraged as a super power for our early stage portfolio companies;
- Project management skills, with experience of effectively managing multiple work streams spanning multiple stakeholders at all levels of seniority;
- Strong analytical and data management skills, proficiency in Excel and similar tools;
- Fluent communication skills in English, with Swedish language skills being an advantage;
- Someone who wants to make the world a better place, believes entrepreneurship and strong business models are great driving forces for this, and has a passion to drive impact thought leadership.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. The role is Stockholm-based.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.